New Dawn Health and Hospice gives high regard to our volunteers as they are vital in our quest to provide excellent care to our patients. We ensure that our hospice volunteers are thoroughly screened and professionally trained in order to give optimum support to our patients, including their families. Our New Dawn volunteers are caring and compassionate men and women who live in the communities we serve and want to contribute to others in a meaningful way.
Volunteers support our patients and families in a number of ways. Including but not limited to:
- Providing practical, social and emotional support and companionship
- Providing respite to caregivers who might need to leave the home for a short period of time.
- Engaging patients in arts and crafts
- Visiting and spending time with patients
- Making supportive phone calls to patients and families
- Assisting the office in clerical functions
- Facilitating special projects or assisting with special events
If you have a heart to serve and a willingness to help families, please consider becoming a hospice volunteer in someone’s life. (Must succesfully pass a background check.) Please fill out the form below.